Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Inbox Inspiration: May 29, 2020: Special - 21 Prayer in the Morning

 Special – 21
 Prayer in the Morning 

One of the things I have encouraged in these special editions of Inbox Inspirations is prayer – personal prayer.
I think this is always important for us – to have some personal prayer in our lives, in addition to Sunday Mass or worship services.
This is even more important as we live through this pandemic.
With that in mind, today I share with you a Morning Prayer.
I found this some years ago and really like it.
It is brief, but each sentence or phrase is rich and expresses something important as we begin a new day.
I recommend this to you for your own Morning Prayer.

“God, my friend,
I offer you this day.
Let all my prayer, work, joy, suffering today
join with the lives offered to you
by the whole People of God
and especially with our great Eucharist,
Jesus,
your Son and our Brother.
Let your Spirit be with me today,
especially in … 
And I ask your loving concern today,
especially for my friend …   
Remind me, through the day, that I am not alone.
Amen.”

From Daily Prayers for Busy People by Father William J. O’Malley, SJ.
 
In addition to the usual Wednesday edition, I began these Special Inbox Inspirations on Fridays and Sundays when the Covid-19 Crisis began. On Fridays, there is a prayer related to the crisis and on Sundays, a reflection on the Sunday gospel. I hope these are helpful.
Father Michael Schleupner 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment